Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013









"And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; Then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even  that he hath heard my prayer, yea then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."
~Alma 29:10

So I found that scripture when Sister O. and I were doing comp study.  It is such a good scripture and explains perfectly why I love missionary work.  When I see people changing and see Christ working in their lives, it reminds me of the times that has happened in my own life. When I see our investigators keeping their commitments, I remember all the answers I have found in the scriptures, all the answered prayers I have prayed, and all of the uplifting meetings I have been to.  Helping someone else strengthen their testimony is the best way I am finding to strengthen my own.

So there is my little spiritual thought...

We had a really awesome ausstellung in Rheine. 



Before we had even set up the table and signs all the way we had given out three Book of Mormons because people were just coming up to us.  The Bad Bentheim elders had invited a cute little family from their ward.  The son was so excited about missionary work.  His name was Jonas and he was probably about 10.  He was a pro at handing stuff out to the people the elders would stop.  Then he would run back to the table and pick up the next pamphlet or card he would hand out.  He even gave out some Finding Faith in Christ DVDs.  It was really cool to see his excitement  for missionary work.

We met with Schwester M***** again this week.  She is our little Rice Krispy Canadian friend with the kittens.  We had a really good appointment.  She asked us all kinds of questions about the Book of Mormon and where it came from. We started answering her questions and she marked the things we showed her in her copy.  She told us she would start reading some more on her own.  She also has a Sunday off of work in a few weeks and has it marked on her calendar.  She wants to come to church.  She also told us she wants to stop smoking. She has tried everything and doesn't know what will work.  We mentioned the Stop Smoking Workshop and she was really interested.  We told her we could bring it by next time we came.  She told us she would make us something from home like pancakes with maple syrup.  We are both very excited!!

We also had Zone Konference this week.  There were some really good themas on being in missionary mode all hte time, study, and asking questions. We also performed our District Musical number.  It ended up being a mix of guitar, violin, piano, and a three part choir singing "How Great Thou Art".  It was most definitely the most creative and unique musical number I have ever been a part of.  I am still not quite sure what it was... No none left though and it didn't sound too bad when we watched the recording one of the Elders had made.

One of my favorite parts of ZOKO is the post!!  Thanks for all of the fun letters and packages that I found there waiting for me.  I have the best family ever!!  We also were able to restock our shelves with some Book of Mormons.  We had ran completely out of German ones.  So yes ZOKO was a success, I would say.

This week A****** came to Church again, I started reading Jesus the Christ, we walked around Bramsche in the pouring rain, the lights went out in our bedroom so it is seriously like a cave, and we walked from Ibbenbüren to Ledde for an appointment.  We also talked to a girl whose bag said "I Hate People."  It didn't go to well.  I think we are definitely included in the group of people that she hates...



Yesterday in the hallway at church one of the old men was showing me how he can tap dance and then did a heel click.  He just pulled it out of nowhere.   He is the same member who always greets me every week with his English "Hello.  How are you today?  It is so nice to see you."  and then makes the same joke about Sister Brownie liking Brownies.  I love him!  A different member gave us the name and address of someone they wanted us to go by on.  They then suggested that we show them love.  It was a good suggestion but it made us both laugh so hard!  We will be sure to show this person love, as opposed to all of the other referrals that we go by on and show hate...

So that was my week.

I wish you all a great week full of sunny days, back to school success, sweet dreams, giggling moments, ice cream cones, and dance parties!

Love,
Sister Brown

This statue looks like a little girl counting her tithing. We call it the tithing statue.





No comments:

Post a Comment