Monday, January 13, 2014

Goodbyes and Hellos

So I left Osnabrück.  

It was really hard to say goodbye.  I took the long train ride to Leipzig and basically just remembered all my fun memories in Osnabrück and cried.  And then cried some more.  I was glad it was a long train ride!  


And then somewhere between Melle and Halle I came to terms with it all.  Transfers happen.  That is part of missionary work.  I am now working with  Sister Nilson in Leipzig because that is where the Lord needs me to be.

I learned so much in Osnabrück and I am so thankful for the people there and everything they have taught me.  

Schwester A taught me to endure trials with faith.  I remember sitting at her table on Christmas Eve.  There were no Christmas decorations and no tree.  She is going through some really hard things Right now.  She sat with us and just smiled and told us that she knew that God loved her and had a plan.  I asked her how she could have such a strong testimony even when she was going through so many difficult challenges.   She just looked at me and smiled again and said, "That is the test of a 'test'imony."  

Bruder H taught me how to always be a good example and how to be a missionary for life.  He is probably the best member missionary I have ever met.

Schwester B taught me how to be a good friend.  She was always there for anyone that needed her regardless of the time of day or how busy she was or her own personal struggles.  

Schwester W taught me how to serve.  That is all she does.  I learned so much through watching her serve others so selflessly.

And sweet B.  She taught me the most of all.  She taught me how to act on our faith.  She taught me how to just choose the right.  Once you know that it is true, there is no other option.  She is a great example to me of having a desire to be like our Savior.  

I learned so much in Onsabrück.  I learned to do things I didn't necessarily want to do.  I learned to work with the members.  I learned to be obedient.  I learned to trust in the Lord.

And now I am in Leipzig.

It is fun to be in a big city again.  I love riding the bahns and seeing the enormous buildings.  There are always people to talk to and so much going on.  It reminds me of my fun days in Berlin.  I am working with Sister Nilson.  She is so sweet and we are having so much fun! There are 10 missionaries in Leipzig so it is super fun to all owrk together.

We had two investigators at church on Sunday and after they were invited to a member's house for lunch.  We had a good member appointment and they thought of some friends to invite over for dinner with us.  We also met with a less active who came to church this Sunday too.  We gave a birthday card to one of the "sterner" ward members.  He smiled so big and then talked to us about his son who lives in Provo.  I don't know this man very well but Sister Nilson said that is mega progress!!

So the work goes on here in the east as well :)
I love you all
Love,
Sister Brown

Oh and a PS
Transfer calls are inspired!!
My tooth chipped again right before I had to leave.  I called the dentist I went to in Osnabrück but they couldnt get me in for weeks.  I called Sister Kosak becuase I didnt know what to do.  She told me that there is a member dentist in one of the Leipzig wards.  So I came here and found him and got my tooth fixed.  
Pirate tooth is gone...again!



The little girl is Lucie. 
She is Bruder F's granddaughter and got to help out holding the blue light and the suction tube!


1 comment:

  1. That's really good news. I'm so glad you had fun in Osnabrück. It sounds like you made some really sweet friends. I know that they're the reason your stay meant so much to you. I hope you get to meet them again one day. Anyway, how exactly did you chip your tooth? I'm glad you had it fixed again. The photos look really adorable, just like Lucie! :)

    Justene Doan @ A+ Family Dentistry

    ReplyDelete