Monday, April 14, 2014

Opposition in ALL things

Family,

This week was bad.  
Can I say that?

Our already minuscule teaching pool shrank, we helped this lady move which ended up being a total mess and we have received angry phone calls and mean texts the whole weekend as a result, and we had quite the "showdown" with the elders.  
We started playing a game.  The whole 3 positives to 1 negative game.  It isn't really even a game.  Anytime we would catch ourselves complaining we would have to find 3 positives.  
It didn't always stop us from complaining, but we sure did get creative with the positive things we thought of.
I already lost the game in this email.

So here goes nothing:

+ We have successfully made it to pday.
+ I got two packages this week.  (a maddie went on her mission package and an Easter one.  Both were amazing!)
+ Both Haribo AND Ritter Sport were on sale this week.
+ We got to watch some more of conference yesterday.  I have now seen almost all of it!
+ We had ZTM this week and got to have an uplifting meeting and see the other missionaries in the zone.
+ The small group of people we are working with is pretty solid.  Incredibly small, but solid. 
+ We got new I'm a Mormon cards.  This will give us something new to use this week in the hours of finding.
+ There was FHV sport this week and we had a contact and a less active there.   Plus it is always a good stress reliever to do some sport. 
+ And yesterday M got the priesthood! (picture attached)

So there you have it!

Leben geht immer weiter.
Kopf hoch :)

Sister Brown


And this from the email she sent home:

this came from president kosak's letter this week.  I'm holding on to it!

I promise you, this week will be special. You will see miracles; you will find those the Lord has prepared, and they will find you; you will increase your knowledge and wisdom, and you will enjoy your mission in deeper gratitude and happiness.

Thanks for everything mom. 
I love you so much!!!
Thanks for the letters and the packages of randomness.  It is great to have a new skirt to wear and some new stickers and paper to craft with.  Everything you send is always just what i need.  
I will put it all to good use this week.

Love,
Hills

on the plus side, my german DL told me that I have really good german...

and i finaly got stuff from maddie! It made my whole day to see stuff from her in my inbox.  she sent her address to so i can send her the letters i have written.  it sounds like she is doing really well.  we pray for her every day here in Leipzig and cute sister nilson prays for her every day in cottbus!

 A super windy day!

The DDR in Spring. It really is beautiful, not just broken down buildings.
 A Jane Eyre street we found.


No comments:

Post a Comment