Monday, June 9, 2014

Email from a Cool Sister

Family,

This week there was a Gothic Fest here in Leipzig.  I have seen SO many weird things.  NO.  Weird doesnt even begin to describe it. My little pre-mish Utah County mind couldn't have even fathomed the strangeness going on here.   We can just say there was never a dull moment street contacting this weekend...

We also did some service in a garden.  I got to mow the lawn.  When Gracie was little we had a little plastic toy lawn mower.  The lawn mower I was using this week was about as big, sturdy, and powerful as that backyard toy one.  Plus here the lawn mowers are plugged in.  So I had to go find a socket and then watch carefully that I didnt mow over the power cord.  It was basically like vacuming the grass.

We taught our English class nursery rhymes this week.  They had asked about them a week before so we decided this week we could give it a try.  The problem was trying to remember them all.  My comp is Danish so she didn't know nursery rhymes.  I had to dig deep into my kindergarten memory and back to our Mother Goose CD ROM.  I was able to remember a lot and we shared them with the class and then took turns writing our own.   It ended up being a lot of fun.  

We went on a secret stalking mission this week too.  We have been going throught the ward list and going by everyone that we dont know.  For the most part the addresses are wrong or they dont want contact with the church.  We had gotten it down to just a few names.  There was one Schwester S who we just had a street for.  No house number.  We felt like we should try to find her, so we prayed about it and then set off.  We found the street and just started on one end looking at all the klingels searchign for her name. 
We ended up finding it and she was home and let us in.  We had a wonderful visit.  She was so happy that we came by and we made out another appointment.  Miracles!

We also had a big meeting in Dresden this week.  Once again, I came back with a bag full of post and packages.  Thanks so much for all of the fun post!  I appreciate the love and support.  

I hope you all have a warm summery sunny week! 
Love you all

Love,
Sister Brown
(A Cool Sister)

The picture is of a letter I got from the bishop's daughter on Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment