Wednesday, May 29, 2013

 
 
 
The Berlin Wall

 
Familie,
 
So a lot happened this week. 
 
* I got called a witch.
 
* I found a new delicious ice cream flavor.  It is called cookies and it is like cake batter and cookie dough and chocolate ice cream all mixed!
 
* We found a park near our house that we have been running to for Morgan Sport.  It has a big gravel trail all the way around the park.  It is like a big track.  It is perfect because we can all run around it and stay within sight and sound and still be able to go our own pace.  Sometimes getting in some good solid thinking time while running solves all my problems!
 
* I got candy thrown at my head.
 
* A man stopped us on the street and asked us if we knew anything about Joseph Smith. 
Do we!??!??!? 
He is now a new investigator.
 
* We played little game this week.  Every day I wore one of the skirts I got last week from the family who is moving.  It was quite adventurous.  We had so much fun trying to put together outfits every morning.
 
* It has rained and rained for days.  We went back to big jackets and boots and tights.  We are praying for warmer weather, seeing as it is almost June!
 
* Things in Dahlem are starting to pick up.  We taught a lot this week.  That was a big change from our weeks of white days and finding for hours.  It has been good to have the opportunity to practice teaching in German. 
 
*We got stalked for hours by a drunk man who periodically yelled crude things at us. We went to register and he followed us and then waited outside the room we were in.  We ended up sneaking out the back and calling the Elders.  The elders came to our rescue and walked home with us. So that was an adventure.
 
* We taught a drunk man.  We have been teaching him for about a week and we had an appointment the other night.  He called to tell us he would be late and then called later to tell us he was in the park in stead of our normal meeting place.  We found him and it was extremely obvious that he had been drinking way too much.  He asked me to say the opening prayer so I did.  He started making weird meditation noises and when I peeked over at him I saw him contorting into yoga poses.  I lost it and started laughing.  Then he stopped us and chastised me for laughing in a prayer.  It was rather irreverent but I'm not sure that interpretive prayer yoga is all that reverent either.  He asked me to say an apology prayer and try again.  I'm not going to lie, it was really hard to get through those prayers without laughing again! 
 
* We set a baptismal date!! YES!!!  We started meeting with a friend from one of the members in our ward.  Her name is V**** and she is 19 just like me.  We really get along well and I have loved teaching her.  She is so patient with my crazy German.  (She is also into fashion and design so she got a kick out of our crazy skirt game this week)  She is really ready for the gospel and making serious changes in her life.  She came to her friend and asked if she could start meeting with us.  It has been great that she has that support from her member friends.  After one of our lessons we just asked if she would work towards a baptismal date on June 16.  She wanted to set it for the 18 of December because that is the anniversary of her cat's death.  We compromised with June 18 which is the half birthday for her cat's death. So June 18 it is!
 
* We had two investigators come to church and one of the less active families we have been working with.  That was amazing!
  
That is pretty much all I can think of to write about. 
 
Have a great week.  I love all of you so much!
 
Love,
Sister Brown
Baking Bread


 
Siegessäule (Berlin Victory Column)

 


 
Brandenbur​ger Tor (Brandenburg Gate)

 




 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Her letters are so fun!!! I smile every time. So glad she is happy. I'm sure the stalking drunk man made mom nervous.

    ReplyDelete