Monday, September 30, 2013

Skills

Familie!

So we got a new GML (ward mission leader) last week and so this week we met on Thursday to talk about our investigators and goals and missionary stuff like that.  We left the meeting and were heading home when we got a text from out GML informing us that he found a joint teach for one of our appointments for the next day.  We hadn't even made it to the bus stop yet!  He is so on top of things.  GML Skills!

We met with a lot of our new investigators this week.  

It is always fun to be able to meet with new people and refreshing to add some new names to the teaching pool.
  
We met with A** again and after a crazy long intense discussion about God he committed to pray.  That is a huge step!  We also met with Frau R*****.  Her uncle is a member and lives in Utah.  She knew so much about the church and had a lot of questions about the Restoration.  She said she would read in the Book of Mormon so progress there too. 

My favorite (If I am allowed to have favorites) was probably our appointment with G****.  She is so cool.  We just found her walking down the street with her stroller.  She is a single mom and her son is 3. She has a really strong Christian background and has had some hard trials recently.  I am so excited for the chance we have to help show her how the Gospel can help her and her son.

One thing I have learned on my mission is that sometimes it takes hard times or trials for people to be ready for the gospel.  A lot of the conversion stories I hear happened after the person lost everything.  It takes that humbling experience sometimes to realize that we do need something else.  When everything is all good we hear "I have no time" or "I don't need that."  But when the people need help they are much more likely to listen to us.
 
This week was just a good one.  

We had a bus adventure to Hagen and everything actually went well.  We took the right bus to the right stop and found the house we needed.  Bus Skills!  

I also dreamed my first dream in German.  I was on a train talking to people.  It sounds boring but it wasn't because WE WERE SPEAKING GERMAN!!

I also cut my own hair.  Never thought I'd be brave enough for that one.  Look what this mish thing is doing for me!  :)  Sister Hayden and I both needed trims so bad but I was way too scared because all of the other sisters have told us so many horror stories.  So we just sat on the kitchen floor and did it ourselves.  Hair Skills! 

I am so excited for General Conference.  It was so fun to hear everyone's letters about the Relief Society session.  They are rebroadcasting it here on Saturday.  I am looking forward to the opportunity to hear the words of our prophets!  A member in our ward made us pretty awesome invitations that we have been giving out to pretty much everyone we see.  You all better watch it too!!

Talk to you all next week!

Love,
Sister Brown


(I can't find the little flag to go at the end of my email today...Apologies for the lack of computer skills :)


We were standing at a bus stop after a crazy long day and I pulled out a ritter sport from my bag and offered Sister Hayden a square.
Sister Hayden: "Danke"
Sister Brown: "Bitte"
Sister Hayden: "Bitter!"
Both of Us: dying of laughter at the clever chocolate pun.
I think we were both super tired....


1 comment: