Monday, November 18, 2013

I have discovered why Pday is on Monday.

Last night I found myself in a zombie state waiting for the DL to call and get our numbers so I could finally crash in my bed.   After a day of  meetings, scheduling appointments, picking up investigators, teaching Sunday School classes, stressing about investigators coming to church, eating appointments, finding joint teaches, following up with members, and teaching appointments I was worn out.  Sunday is quite the production.  And we do it every week!  Without the hope that comes from knowing it is Pday Eve, we would never make it through!

This week was extra special too.  It was the mission farewell for Martin! There was Gemeinde Essen afterwards too so we had invited everyone. EVERYONE!  It was cool to have so many of the people we are working with show up.  It was a great meeting and the Spirit was there so strong.

A little while after the farewell and lunch we got to watch him be set apart.  It was so cool.  No, cool doesn't even begin to describe it.

It reminded me of my setting apart. It was such a speical experience to have all my family there. I was so excited to just get to Germany and share my testimony with everyone.  I just remember the Spirit confirming that what I was doing was right.  That I was making a good choice and that it would all be ok. 

Viel Glück Elder Wenke!  

I just have to tell you all about B******!  We met with her three times this week.  She is SO excited and eager to learn all we can teach her.   We invited her to baptism.  She accepted and is really working towards it.  She is coming to church every week.  She is reading the Book of Mormon and praying to gain her testimony.

On Sunday we showed her the font and the baptismal clothes.  She was planning it all out with us.  It is just amazing to see how prepared and ready she is.

We might just be having a white Christmas here in Osnabrück!  

Miracles!

This weekend is transfer calls.  This next transfer has Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and my birthday.  It will be a party transfer.  I am anxious to find out where this partying will be taking place :)
I will let you know next week!

Bis Dann,
Sister Brown


So we went to the zoo last  week for Pday.  It was one of the coolest zoos ever.  It was incredibly interactive.  
Here are some pics from the goats.  You can climb right in with them.  It was a little scary because they were all fighting each other.  
This is just a glimpse of the adventures we had at the Rheine Zoo :)




No comments:

Post a Comment