Monday, March 10, 2014

Meine Familie,
This week Sister Nilson and I went on tausch.  It was my first time being responsible for Leipzig.  The sister we tausched with served here too, so it was no problem.  We had served together in the MTC, so it was a lot of fun to reminisce and see how far we have come in the past year!

One of our English class students/investigators asked us to  look over his paper and correct the English mistakes.  We agreed.  So this week I spent my lunch breaks brushing up on my Tibetan treaties from the mid 1850s history. 

 This week we also worked on raising our goals.  President Kosak has raised (quite dramatically) our standards of excellence.  So the whole mission has been having a push for bigger numbers.  We have been finding it hard to set goals for such big numbers that we feel are impossible to reach.  This week we just tried it out.  It was a good chance for us to exercise our faith.  

We ask all of our investigators to do it, to read or to pray.  But, it is really hard to do ourselves.  This week we just did it.  We set higher numbers and prayed  that we could make them.  We made some, but not all.  However, almost all our numbers were higher than they have been so far this transfer.  It really did work!  

It is just a new way to look at goal setting.  Before, I would look at what I felt was realistic.  I would look at what we have gotten in the past or what we had planned for this week.  The problem was my definition of realistic.  We are working with the Lord.  We are doing His work.  We are seeing miracles every day.  He can do anything.  So we dont just put goals down in our planners because we know we have the appointments to back them up.  We dont make the goals just to reach them. We make the goals to show our faith.  We make hte goals to stretch us.  We make the goals so the Lord has a chance to help us reach them.  

That is something I learned this week.  

We had an amazing  week of getting in contact with people we hadn't heard from in forever.  A contact named A called us one morning during study.  We ran into an old investigator, A, on the bahn.  We went by on Dr G for the 100th time, and he was actually home.

We also got a call from K.  He is a man that we met awhile ago on the bahn.  He is 25 and studying finance.  He called us and we were able to make out an appointment and meet him at the church.  We weren't sure if he understood why we were meeting or our purpose so we started with How to Begin Teaching.  He has a christian background and does have faith.  He asked us what the difference was between our churches and all the other churches.  We taught him the first lesson.  He had some questions about the priesthood, but I think it went pretty well.

Then the elders met a lady on the street who they invited to church. She came and they gave her to us to teach because she lives alone.  She is a doctor of some kind and had an operation last night so she didnt get a lot of sleep.  She was SO tired.  The whole relief society time she was nodding off.  I had no idea what to do.  No one ever trains you on what to do when your investigator falls asleep...  I gave her tic tacs, let her read my scriptures, gave her my planner to write down her contact info, showed her pictures, but nothing worked.  Every few minutes I found myself putting my arm around her to gently nudge her back to consciousness.  SIster Nilson and I were dying laughing.  
She was really sweet though and said she would come back next week a little more rested.  She called us last night to  make an appointment too.  

Thanks for all of the prayers and love and mail :)
Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Brown




No comments:

Post a Comment