Monday, March 31, 2014

Fixer Uppers


So family...transfer calls....they happened. 
Let me tell you a little something about transfer calls in the Germany Berlin mission.  If you are staying together they always start out with both names. "Sister Brown AND Sister Nilson." When you are being transferred they split up the names.
We got our call Friday.
The names were split up.
 "Sister Brown, you will be staying in Leipzig...  Sister Nilson, you will be transferred to Cottbus..."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 We were both crying before the call was even over.  We are such a great team!  They are splitting up our magical companionship.  I was crushed!
I love Sister Nilson so much!!  I have never had such an easy companionship.  I learned so much from her and we got so much done here in Leipzig.  
They always say that when you are fighting with your companion and not getting along that everyone else can tell.  The Spirit isn't there and people can tell.  Well, the opposite is also true.  When you do love each other and get along well everyone can tell.  The members on Sunday all told us how sad they were to see us split up.  They had all noticed how well we worked together.

So Tuesday I will say tschüß and she will get on her train.

 The good news is that we both fly home together.  So we can have a happy 14 hour flight to catch back up :)

We were able to skype with G this weekend too.  He is doing really well.  He has been meeting with the elders and preparing for the priesthood.  The elders have also been teaching his family. He told us how grateful he is to have the gospel in his life.  He bore his testimony to us and said that he would never fall away.  He just kept thanking us for knocking on his door and bringing him this message.

There is no feeling in the world like hearing the testimony of someone you have taught and grown to love.  Nothing else like it in the world.  It makes this all worth it.  All the rejection and disappointment and being far away and constantly tired.  It is all worth it  because my sweet G (and B) now have the gospel.  They have the truth.   That is why I am here.

So I learned something this week from the Frozen soundtrack.  There is a line in one of the songs that says "you can fix this fixer upper up with a little bit of love."  I think that is what I needed in response to my crazies rant two weeks ago.  Maybe these crazies just need to be loved.  That is something I have learned (am learning) on my mission.  I am learning to love people who are hard to love and to love without getting loved back.  Sometimes that is hard.

So now I have a game plan to combat the craziness of just about everyone here in the DDR.

I will fix these fixer uppers up, with a little bit of love!

Love,
Sister Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment