Thursday, March 7, 2013

Excerpts from a mailbox letter

March 1, 2013

Brown Family!!

Thanks for the St. Patrick’s Day package.  I loved all the notes and pictures.  I’ve gotten so much fun mail this week.  I love it.  Lisa S. sent me an enormous package of homemade treats.  She is an amazing baker.  It all tastes so good.  She sent a little note that they were all nut free too! It was totally unexpected.  She’s a crazy lady.  I wrote her a thank you.

Speaking of nuts…Sunday night is Ice Cream Sundae Sunday with BYU Creamery ice cream. Just so everyone is aware, the dark chocolate one has nuts. Yeah. A few Benadryl solved the problem. Great way to keep fast Sunday interesting.

To clarify about the investigators, the progressing investigators (ones we teach multiple times) are MTC German teachers. So pretty much German returned missionaries. We get to teach them and they take on the role of someone they really taught on their mission.  We teach in the TRC once a week too.  This is where volunteers come and we just teach them once. We also teach each other in our district.  Everyone picked a role of someone to be and assignments were made for that too.  Marcus, Chu and Thorsten are my current progressing investigators.  So there’s that. Hopefully that clarifies the confusion.  We are not tracting the streets of Provo looking for German speakers, although that would be cool too.

I prayed in Sacrament meeting this week. I got my German scriptures engraved. And I am learning how to whistle.  I want to become a professional whistler. Who can name that quote??

Mom! I’m so excited to hear about your job. That was such fun news. All the sisters here were excited to hear about it too. You’ve won over a fan club with the lanyards. Side note: don’t worry about those rings for the lanyards. They work just fine as is.

I know you will be a great teacher and you will have so much fun with the kids. You are a really good teacher and think of all the fun stories you will have to share!

Ok, well that’s all for tonight. I need to go to bed!

I’ll write more on p-day!

Sister Brown

Oh and PS the blog has gone crazy.  Everyone here keeps getting DearElder.com letters saying their moms found it and love all the pics or whatever. That’s great and I’m glad to help. Thanks for keeping that up for me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment