Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TRAVEL PLANS

Meine Familie!!

This week was full of more adventures.

I sprayed an Elder in the face with window cleaner, walked into the wrong classroom in the middle of their lesson, and had a serious wardrobe malfunction in the TRC.

 ALL were accidents.

The days here are never boring, but sometimes I wish they were a little less adventurous!

This week we got our FLIGHT PLANS.


Yes!! That is crazy.

I can't believe this is my last P day.

This time next week I will be on a plane headed to Germany. That makes me a little bit nervous... Ok a lot bit nervous.

I have gotten comfortable with everything here at the MTC and I really love it. There will be lots that I will really miss. However I wasn't called to serve 18 months in the MTC so Berlin here I come!

So I guess this means I will need to pack soon. We'll see how that 50 lbs weight limit goes...

I can't believe it is already time to go.

Time is a funny thing here in the MTC. On my first day here we had a meeting where someone told us, "Here you will have the longest days and shortest weeks, the longest weeks and shortest months, the longest months and the shortest mission."

At the time I thought it was crazy and it didn't make any sense.

It is SO true though.

The days can seem really long because they are so packed with things to learn and lessons to plan and teach. But then they just start flying by. Sometimes it feels like I have lived 3 lifetimes in here and other times it seems like it was this morning my family dropped me off.

As I reread this, I realize it doesn't make any sense and I have joined the group of those who use cryptic riddles to describe missions. So there's that.

Teaching is still going well. We had two investigators accept baptismal commitments this week! Both were really great experiences. It was so amazing to see their desire to follow the Savior. I loved hearing them bear their testimonies to us. It was a neat thing to be able to teach someone and then see them really take the doctrines to heart and develop a testimony  and then want to act on their knowledge. The Spirit was so strong during those appointments. Even when I totally slaughtered one of the commitments. I'm thankful for that!

The German is coming too. It is easy to get overwhelmed by all I don't know. I just try to remember how far I have come. A month ago all I could say was Guten Tag. I can now do more than that. So progress is being made. Baby steps with the German language!

I know the Lord loves me and helps me every day. Even if I can't speak German :)

This gospel is true and I am so excited and thankful for the opportunity to share it with others.

That is pretty much all for this email. I hope everyone has a great week!
Next time I write I will be in Germany!

Ich Liebe Dich!!
-Sister Brown

P.S. So guess what job I got on Service Freitag??? Yeah, totally got bit with the Karma bug. This week I swept the rocks and leaves into a dust pan with a smile on my face :)

Ich Liebe mein Distrikt!
My daily reminder
Ich Kann Deutsch!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is Sis Hill, I will have to figure out our google acct because 2 weeks ago I posted a huge comment, got to the end tried to insert what I thought was our acct and it deleted my comment, any whoosle, just wanted to sayI love this girl, she is Amazing and I already thought she was in Germany wjth all the insight and progress she has reported back!! Can't imagine what she will accomplish when she sets foot in dueitchland!! We are in your behind you and cheering Sister Brown!! Xoxo from your fans!!!

    ReplyDelete