Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Email Eins: MTC report


So the MTC...

It has been going great. I love it all!

Saying goodbye was hard but right after I walked away from the car the adventure started and it hasn't slowed down yet.

My favorite part was getting my name tag. It sounds kind of dumb, but that plastic thing means so much. I love being able to wake up each morning and see my name next to the Savior's.

It is hard to get used to being Sister Brown, though. That will definitely take some more time.

My companion is Sister Hansen. We get along so well. I love how supportive and helpful she is of me. My favorite thing about her is how we can just laugh. We have been doing a whole lot of that lately!

I also love my district. I am so blessed to be around such great people all day long. One of my favorite things we do is sing together in German. Thanks for the little hymn book, Dad!

The German is hard but I am amazed at how fast it is coming. I can say prayers and bear my testimony in German. I am learning so much so fast and I know it is because the Spirit is helping.
 
We have already started teaching our first "investigator". His name is Cho and he is from China. I was so excited to tell him about my trip to China and the adoptions. I hadn't even prepared for that but the words came to me and we were able to have a good conversation about families and the plan of salvation. Sister Hansen and I later taught him how to pray. It was such a great experience. We were both crying. It is a powerful thing to be able to teach someone about their Father in Heaven and then hear their first prayer to Him.

Here's my little spiritual note:

Look up D&C 31:3.

It has been my scripture this week.

Anyways, the dang clock on this computer is flashing red at me. I can't believe how fast the time went.

Have a great week!

Thanks for all the love and prayers.

-Sister Brown

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so glad she is happy. She is going to do so great. I twinged at the part she said about tears shed in her room. Man, they did for Austin too. The language sometimes would get him.

    These letters are going to be the best part of your week. They make time go by faster. I love how she answered your questions! I rarely get my questions answered. Hang in there mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that girl wasn't available to us. :(

    ReplyDelete