Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Officially a Missionary

 
Hillary is now officially a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
 
And I am her first companion. I have this honor until she enters the MTC tomorrow at 12:30pm. 
 
Only I don't have to live by the same rules she now does, so I can update her blog.  I'll be the one to post her letters and photos on here, as well as update her address, while she's on this 18-month adventure.
 
 
Hillary was set apart to serve as a missionary by our stake president, Mark Jensen.
 
These are the men who participated: Mark Crosby, President Wardle, President Jensen, Lee, Ron, and Bishop Stohlton
 
President Jensen asked us what we would miss most about Hillary. It was a tearful room as we each shared what we would miss most.  This is bittersweet business.  We know she is so capable and ready to serve and work hard as a missionary, but it is difficult to have a piece of your heart so far away from home.
Bishop Stohlton had this plaque made for her. It will hang in our church until she gets home.  I love how unique it is.
Sister Brown and Sister Brown- companions for the night
 

Grandma Linda gave Hillary the moustache mug from her Great-great-great Grandfather, John Schmidt.  The Schmidt family immigrated to America from Germany in 1885.  They are from Kiel, Germany.  Kiel is in Hillary's mission and we recently learned that there are sisters serving in this city.
A close up of John Schmidt's moustache mug

Tomorrow: MTC curb drop-off! 

6 comments:

  1. May your family be as blessed as ours has been in supporting a missionary. Sister Brown, the younger ;), will be an incredible missionary. What a spirit she carries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to follow this blog! Two of the CUTEST sister missionaries ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is harder for grandma than last night. I am just having a
    good cry. Much love, my darling girl. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read all about her new adventures!! So excited for Sister Brown and your family. I know all of you will be blessed by her selfless service!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of that girl! Her expression in that top photo is a perfect blend of happiness and excited but nervous anticipation. I hope her mom and pop are holding up. :-) --JR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be frequently creeping on this blog hope that's okay ;) She will be such an amazing mish.

    ReplyDelete