Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Q & A from the MTC

Lee emailed a slew of questions we have all been asking. Here's the list and Sister Brown's replies:

What do you eat?
How is the food?
 

I eat salads and wraps for lunch. They are delicious. I have had to stay away from the desserts becuase they are all nut filled or made on the nut filled equiptment. I have really liked the food though and been able to find somethign every meal that I like. THere are even fresh fruits and veggies... Sunday is mostly cold cereal and sandwiches to help cut down on the staff needed to work on the Sabbath.


Do you know the Noorda twins from Las Vegas? One is going to Berlin and one to Frankfurt. I guess mom has read things from their mother in her little missionary mom's email group.


I do know the Noorda twins from Las Vegas. Elder Kevin Noorda is in my district/class. He is super cool and so helpful with my German. Elder Lowry was also in my district/class but he got fast tracked. That kid passed the German AP test! He knows what's up. He was always so helpful too. We miss him tons and now have a trio.

 
Have you seen Tyler Webb or Skyler Johnson, our temple buddies?
 
I have seen Elder Johnson, Elder Webb, Elder Brown, Elder Bates, Elder Dortch, Elder Bastian, and Elder Buratto. Westlake Partay!
 
 
What are the names of your roommates?


I am companions with Sister Hansen from Sandy, UT. We get along really well and have had such a great time. We share a room with Sister RIcks and Sister Krisser, who are also in our district. Then there's another Sister Hansen and Sister Wallen who are the only sisters in their district. So just the six of us. We have had some good times!
 
My district is all headed to Berlin. There's me and Sister Hansen, Sister Krisser and Sister Ricks, Elder Noorda and Elder Matthews and Elder Gerhartz (trio), and Elder Bingham and Elder Smith. I love them all so much and we are having so much fun together.

 
Which dorm do you live in?


Our building is 17 M and our room is 277.

 
How do you like your German classes?


German classes are fun and I love our teachers. They are so great and patient. However, they are also so hard. There may or may not be tears shed in that closet of a room.... Everyone in my district is great at helping each other out though. I am learning a ton and making flashcards like crazy!

Does it feel like Sunday every day?

The clothes make it feel like Sunday every day but the classes and the roommates and dorms and cafeteria make it feel like college again.
 
 
Do the fast track missionaries have their travel plans? I leave that same day for Chicago. My flight leaves at 11:18 that morning so I will be there. I was told by mom they are leaving that day as well. Just curious to see if they will be there at the same time.
 
I'm not sure about flight plans for the fast trackers. There's just a few. The old German speakers left this morning. The ones going to Frankfurt left through DC and the Alpine ones left through Atlanta and Amsterdam. I'm not sure about the Berliners.

My current departure date is the March 19. No travel plans yet though.
 
~Sister Brown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment