Wednesday, February 13, 2013

More MTC News

Family

I can’t believe I’ve only been here a few days.  It seems like I’ve been here weeks.

I love working with Sister Hansen.  We get along so well and she is so sweet.  I love all the girls in my room too. So that’s a huge blessing!

One of my favorite things about Sister Hansen is that we can just laugh together. Sometimes that’s all we can do, especially in German class. 

The German is slow but it is coming.  I love our teachers and they are so great and patient. I’m getting really good at picking out when they tell us we can have a break J  Oh and I’ve mastered how to say Ich habe ein frage (I have a question) and Ich Weiss nicht (I don’t know).

Sister Hansen and I had an adventure when I left my ID card on my breakfast tray.  We had to go back to the dishwashers and search for it.  So I am extra thankful for the cute lanyard!!

We taught our first "investigator" this week… in German!  The first appointment was a train wreck.  No joke.  It was just the German.  We totally approached it wrong.  The focus was on us and our message in German and not on our investigator and his needs.  It was so bad! However the next night we taught him again and it went so much better.  He prayed out loud with us.  The Spirit was definitely there.  Both Sister Hansen and I were crying.  It was so good.

I love all the people I am working with.  It can all be kind of overwhelming so we just take it one class at a time and focus on all the German we know.  3 days ago I couldn’t have prayed or born my testimony in German.  We’re even conjugating verbs!! Every day I just versuche meine besten!

Thanks for the packages!

Love you tons!

Sister Brown

P.S. If you can’t tell it is SO hard to get used to being called and introducing myself as Sister Brown.

P.P.S. My departure date is now March 19.

P.P.P.S. The food isn’t bad at all.  I can find something every meal including fresh veggies and fruits.

P.P.P.P.S. There are indeed 40 sisters headed to Berlin with us and a bunch of Elders.  Bas ist sehr gut!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment